July 23, 2013 on 12:47 pm | Comments Off
We’ve moved! As of today, the Yahoo! official blog has moved to yahoo.tumblr.com. Come on over and check out the new digs!
If you have a smart or feature phone or a tablet computer like an iPad, you can now use My Yahoo! on it in a whole new way. We recently launched our beta site for My Yahoo! on Mobile. You can check it out here: http://m.yahoo.com/w/myyahoo. You’ll be able to access all of your feeds, add new ones, remove ones you don’t want anymore, as well as have access to all of your other favorite Yahoo! sites.
We have not yet implemented the My Yahoo! applications on the mobile site; we have plans to do that later in the year. If you need access to your apps, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page on the mobile site and click “Desktop”. To switch back, scroll down to the bottom of the Desktop My Yahoo! page and click on “Mobile”.
Enjoy taking My Yahoo! with you wherever you go.
Michael – Product Lead
It’s a new year so how about a new theme for your My Yahoo! page. We wish you prosperity in this year of the rabbit.
- Change your theme to 年年有餘 (prosperity through the years)
Michael - My Yahoo! Team Lead
Have you taken a break from the daily grind lately and tried some of the great games you can launch right from your my Yahoo! page? Try some of these My Yahoo! user favorites:
- Fishville – Create a nautical wonderland with exotic fish and rare sea plants
- Mafia Wars – Start a crime family. Run your mob business. Then take over the world.
- Balloono – Defeat all monkeys with water balloons.
- Draw My Thing – Hilarious game where you take turns drawing and guessing.
Michael, My Yahoo! Team Lead
Did you make a resolution for 2011? It’s the thing to do these days, and there’s still plenty of time to make one if you haven’t already. Making a resolution is easy, but keeping it is much trickier.
Why not let your My Yahoo! page help you fulfill your resolutions? Adding some of the apps below, for example, can keep you reminded about what steps you need to take to stay on track. You will also find great ideas and tips that will help you succeed.
I’ve selected five categories for common New Year resolutions; you may find some of these apps useful for your goals:
- Diet Tracker — Use this tool to make sure your weight goals stay on track.
- Weight Loss News – Find out about new developments that will help you shed pounds safely.
- About Job Searching – This steady stream of tips and reminders will help you keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Rehaul.com – Career advice and insights about hiring.
- Your Money – Tax tips and timely consumer insights to help you get the most from your income.
- Budget by Mint.com – A great way to see what’s happening to your account balances every day.
- Global Investing — Insights from Reuters keep you informed about opportunities worth considering — and not.
- Stop Smoking Tip — Helpful advice that can guide anyone to kick the habit.
- Fitness Yoga — Get all the tips, practice ideas, and health information to enjoy this healthy activity.
- The Women’s Health Blog — Getting health and fitness updates from this blog is a great way to keep yourself in top condition.
- FitBuff.com’s Health Secrets – You’ll find good ideas on exercises and diet tips to help you maintain your fitness.
- Zen Habits — Great reminders for unplugging and adopting a more efficient lifestyle.
Best wishes for a safe, healthy, and successful 2011!
My Yahoo! editorial
Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy