Your feedback on our first attempt at new TV Listings was emphatic: it was too big, too clunky, and too limiting. So guess what we’ve done over the past few weeks? We rebuilt it, taking into account the things you asked for.
We’ve fixed several things
• The listings grid recognizes your theme and better fits into various column layouts.
• We revised the prime time defaults (8 p.m for ET and PT, 7 p.m. for CMT).
• If you click on a show and come back, the listings now “remember” where you were.
• Your favorite channels on Yahoo! TV will appear in your TV Listings on My Yahoo!.
We’ve also given you a lot more control
• Want a grid that suits your layout? You choose to display 1, 2, or 3 hours at a time.
• Are you a night-owl or an early bird? Set “primetime” to be any time you want!
• You can choose to have the listings start out at primetime OR at the current time, and then use the “Now” and “My Primetime” links to jump between them.
• Seeing wrong times at the top of the listings? We now show you the time zone associated with your account and give you a link to the profile page where you can update it.
(Just click on the “Module Options” gear icon to adjust any of these settings.)
We’ve got more work to do
In some browsers, there are display issues if you have too many hours in a grid that is too narrow. If this is just too much to bear, consider moving the listings to a wider column or use the “Module Options” to display fewer hours.
Some of you are still having trouble finding listings for your area, and we’re sorry about that. We are working with the listings data provider to sort these out on a case-by-case basis.
And we are working with the team over at Yahoo! TV to increase the number of show titles that have links to more detail. Please stay tuned.
Thanks for using My Yahoo! and enjoy the new listings!
My Yahoo! Product Manager