Reunions of casts from classic TV shows like “Eight Is Enough” and “The Partridge Family” generated huge interest among Yahoo! users earlier this month. I’ll admit to joining that crowd — both shows were favorites of mine as a youth. And as someone who remembers what TV was like before MTV, I’m still a sucker for news about the oldies.
Whether you wax nostalgic for “The Waltons,” “The Jeffersons,” or countless other golden oldies, consider checking out these feeds for keeping the good old times alive.
- Classic Television Blog: This blog is packed with interesting details on a wide variety of shows, with resources on how you can watch or buy certain episodes online.
- Classic Television Showbiz: If you have a taste for the really obscure and/or vintage moments in television, this blog is for you. Just scanning the titles of posts will start you on a great walk down memory lane.
- Brilliant But Cancelled: This blog from Television Without Pity has fun with shows that might become “classics” one day. And some of us like our shows on the cheesy side, despite what the critics say!
- TV Listings: This feed is essential for every TV watcher, no matter your programming tastes. Browse listings for your favorites, and use it to plan ahead for some entertaining couch time.
Bonus: With these treats on your My Yahoo! page, you’ll become a shoo-in to win Trivial Pursuit – TV edition.
Apps mentioned in this post:
- Add Classic Television Blog
- Add Classic Television Showbiz
- Add Brilliant But Cancelled
- Add TV Listings
- My Yahoo! Editorial