If you are one of the millions of people that checks multiple social sites daily to stay on top of what’s going on, we have some fantastic news for you. Facebook, Twitter, and Yahoo! Updates have come to My Yahoo!.
Historically, My Yahoo! has been anti-social. It’s been your own personal sanctuary… your filter on the world… a place for your interests and passions devoid of any tweets and status updates or any likes and commenting. Until now.
If you use Facebook or Twitter, or want to find out what all the fuss is about, we have some really great apps for you. You can add the individual apps or add the Yahoo! Updates app which aggregates several social networks in one place with even more coming soon.
- Yahoo! Updates: Aggregate all your social networks in one place.
- Facebook: The best Facebook app out there.
- Twitter: Tweet directly from My Yahoo!. Search for trending topics.
– My Yahoo! Team Lead
Summer is a great season for eating. Strawberries and asparagus and corn on the cob are some of my favorites, but what’s the best way to prepare corn on the cob on the grill? I need help with that every year.
If you need cooking tips, answers to food questions, or just ideas for what to eat next this summer, check out some of these apps you can add to your My Yahoo! page:
- Simply Recipes: This feed is like a constant fountain of great new ideas for creating tasty dishes.
- Healthy Picnics Blog: Everything you need to enjoy a great picnic season with family is right here.
- Barbecue Blog: Find tips and tricks here, as well as plenty of recipes to enhance your next cookout.
- Healthy Dinner Tonight: You’ll find great seasonal recipes here with an emphasis on health. Each recipe features complete nutritional information.
Looking over those four apps makes me hungry. Time to find some good summer food and chow down.
– My Yahoo! Editorial
The month-long sporting extravaganza known as The World Cup is here, with action starting June 11 in South Africa. National teams compete in the fast-paced sport of soccer — or football or futbol, depending on your location — as citizens around the world cheer them on. Which country will have bragging rights for the next four years?
Live TV coverage of all the matches may not be convenient, depending on your time zone and work schedule. But you can stay current by checking out these apps for your My Yahoo! page:
- FIFA.com: Get all the official updates and previews from the sport’s governing body, the Federation International de Football Assocation (FIFA).
- World Soccer News: Get all the scores and important news stories from the tournament.
- Dirty Tackle: Great behind-the-scenes blog coverage of the players and hoopla that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Soccer Fanatic Blog: Another fine blog that lives up to its name; it’s a definite must-see for soccer fans.
Like the Olympics, the World Cup seems to bring the world a little closer together. And even though South Africa is half a globe away, you’ll feel a lot closer to the action by using the apps listed above.
My Yahoo! Editorial
My Yahoo! will be making a change to the amount of time we save changes that a signed out user makes to a My Yahoo! page from two months to twenty four hours. We will continue to allow you to use My Yahoo! to its fullest extent whether you are signed in or out of your Yahoo! account but if you wish us to remember all of the customization choices you make on any device or computer and across Yahoo!, then you must sign in to your Yahoo! account to save those choices.
Every time you visit My Yahoo! when you are signed in to your Yahoo! account, we display all of your added content & pages, themes and personal customizations you’ve done. Regardless of which computer or device you use to access My Yahoo!, as long as you are signed in to Yahoo!, we’re going to display your personal My Yahoo! pages and your customizations.
For those of you that utilize My Yahoo! when you are not signed in to your Yahoo! account, you have likely experienced a time when some of the applications you’ve added or customizations you’ve done have “disappeared”. This is because signed out personalization choices you make are tied to the browser you are using to view My Yahoo! and saved in “browser cookies”. If these cookies are deleted, either by choice or accident, you lose the personalization. Also, if you do not access My Yahoo! for an extended period of time, those browser cookies eventually expire.
In addition, since signed out personalization is tied just to the computer or device you are using at the time and not saved to your Yahoo! account, you will not be able to access these personalization choices when accessing My Yahoo! from another computer or device.
In short, if you wish to save customizations you make on My Yahoo! for longer than 24 hours and access them from any device or computer, sign in to save your settings.
- My Yahoo! Team Lead
“Oh, the Places You’ll Go!” is a fine book by Dr. Seuss that inspires many graduating students at this time of year. It’s also a great phrase to motivate your next travel adventure.
Vacation season is kicking into gear, and many of us start asking the common questions: Where should I go? When is best to take off? And will I be able to find an option that’s fun, relaxing, and affordable?
To help with planning, try these four additions on your My Yahoo! page.
- New York Times – Travel: The frequent articles in this feed are full of information that all savvy travelers want to know — from local tips and convenient destination guides to hidden discounts and best attractions.
- Best Fare Trackers: This app from Yahoo! Travel offers a great way to keep tabs on airfares to your top destinations of interest.
- Travel Plan Ideas: You may find some surprises on the Travel Plan Idea Blog that shape your next trip
- SmarterTravel.com – Deals: Learn about special fares and exclusive, limited-time-only sales on flights to great destinations around the world.
Start planning an exciting vacation journey this year. Bon voyage!
– Tom, My Yahoo! Editorial
Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy