The upcoming date of Sunday, October 10, is pretty unique from a numerical perspective: 10/10/10. It puts me in a brain-teaser frame of mind, so why not check out some relevant apps to satisfy the occasional craving for a good puzzle?
Check out these goodies I found:
- Braingle — Teasers, quizzes, and memory drills that will sharpen your brain.
- BestCrosswords.com — A steady stream of online crossword puzzles makes a great time-filler.
- Daily Sudoku — Satisfy your craving for this popular game with a daily offering from Sudokuhints.com.
- Smartkit Puzzles — Sharpen your decoding and puzzle-solving skills with this wide variety of brain-teasing activities.
- The Oatmeal — These comic illustrations, quizzes, and totally random items are surprisingly irresistible.
Here’s hoping something unique and memorable will happen to you on 10/10/10!
My Yahoo! Editorial
September marks the entrance to my favorite part of the year. A friend of mine in college, who shared my love of autumn, always called it “The Blur” because days and weeks seem to move so quickly during this season.
September is also National Yoga Month, celebrating an activity that can help people relax and stay grounded during this particularly blurry time. Below are two interesting apps that are great for beginners and experienced yoga practitioners, and one that non-yoga types might still appreciate:
- The Everything Yoga Blog – Great for tidbits and talk about techniques, written by a knowledgeable blogger.
- Yoga Abode – Billed as “the home for all things yoga,” this feed features practical articles and info about upcoming retreats and yoga events.
- Zen Habits – I like this one for its great reminders for unplugging and adopting a more efficient, grounded lifestyle.
Maybe yoga isn’t your thing, and you choose another activity or hobby that helps you relax and appreciate simpler pleasures in life. For some, home-related projects can have a similar calming function. If that fits you, check out these:
- Apartment Therapy — Get space-saving ideas from these smart makeovers of small living spaces.
- This Old House – Make home improvements a reality with step-by-step projects and how-to videos.
- New Gardening Blog — The photos and comments can help you keep your garden healthy and pest-free.
I hope you do whatever you can to slow down a bit, so you can better savor ‘The Blur.’
My Yahoo! Editorial
Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright/IP Policy