With Earth Day around the corner, thoughts and plans turn to green. The annual commemoration on April 22 started 40 years ago, and its significance has grown beyond recycling and picking up litter.
Today politicians promote “green jobs” as part of the sustainable energy industry. Economists argue for greening the economy. Builders seek to have new homes and skyscrapers certified as green. And of course questions about climate change affect us all.
These issues have become part of what Earth Day symbolizes. If you want to green your My Yahoo! page to increase awareness, here are some suggestions:
- Yahoo! News: Climate Change: News develops rapidly on this broad topic, but you can stay informed more easily with this feed.
- Green Lifestyle: Load this app to enjoy daily quizzes, learn green facts, and find ways to make a difference.
- Green Dream Jobs: This feed from SustainableBusiness.com gives frequent updates on new jobs that involve some aspect of ecology or sustainable development.
- Green Reality Check: One blogger’s quest to discover what it really means to be green and sustainable — or not.
- Yahoo! Green Featured Topics: Analysis and consumer tips on everything from transportation and energy to food and health. This is just one of many feeds you can try from Yahoo! Green.
Learning more about our planet and sustaining its life is one great way to start your commemoration of this historic Earth Day.
Apps mentioned in this post:
- Add Yahoo! News: Climate Change
- Add Green Lifestyle
- Add Green Dream Jobs
- Add Green Reality Check
- Add Yahoo! Green Featured Topics
- My Yahoo! Editorial